I grew up in that neighborhood and went to Greenfield Park Elementary at Louisiana and Brush.That neighborhood was decent up until the 70's when a lot of the homes started disappearing,along with all the bars and businesses that lined John R from Mcnichols to 8 mile.Now only 2 out of the 10 or more bars that were there when I lived nearby,the Dakota Inn-Rathskeller and Centerfolds.As with most neighborhoods this one had a delicatessan,dry cleaners,Brickley Dairy,Neisners,The Detroit Bank and Trust at Nevada where I started a bank account with $5 that I cashed from my Savings Bond Stamps,gas stations,candy store at Minnesota,Reds Springs by Longwood,A Bakery,Vincenzos Italian Restaurant at Savannah,The Nevada Grill,Drug store,Churches,Dentist Offices,Etc.Actually it was fairly safe to ride your bicycle around there when I was growing up as you could in most of the city.Times have changed that "hood drastically.Now there are hookers on John R and vacant lots where all of these things used to be.The elementary shool closed in 2007 and was promptly vandalized and scavenged,an open to the elements bldg.remains.Very sad to see now knowing what it used to look like.Open prairies and Pheasants are there now.