Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
Rather than rehash ugly and angry emotions at a guy who in his heart of hearts thought he made the right call, I sincerely hope that this incident kicks MLB's butt into gear and institute instant replay. MLB has within itself to get off of their arrogant high horse and install instant replays just like every other major sport. The NFL does it and even involves the coaches. In the NBA, referees confer and use the video monitors constantly- often adding things such as tenths of a second onto a game clock. In the NHL, we're often shuttled to the War Room in Toronto to make the correct calls. MLB cannot be as so stupid and continually arrogant to maintain this record of where the officiating costs a player a valued moment in history. Officiating should be invisible and not cost the outcome of a game. Let the players, through their efforts determine their outcomes.
I totally agree with everything you said, but for some reason I think baseball should stay away from replay. I think baseball has a pureness that the other sports don't. No clock, no horns or buzzers, no whistles.