Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    I wish to thank you, Ravine.

I also wish to thank the Academy; my pit crew; Dave, my accountant; the girl at the corner gas station who sells me a Diet Coke every morning; Pinky Lee; Amelia Bedelia; Craigd; Harry Gilmer; and all the little people who made it possible.

Oh, and thanks also to Stevie Wonder for not releasing an album this year.
    Talk about someone being ungrateful!! You came on here and reported a really heinous case of vandalism, raising everyone's ire, and after an offer of help by Ravine and expressions of sympathy by Gaz, you return to say 'No one did anything. I overreacted. oops, my bad' without so much as a 'Thanks for your help and sympathy'. You complained about the f'ing scrappers and how your group worked very hard to give the special needs kids something special. I think perhaps showing appreciation to those that offered help and understanding might be a valuable concept to present to those children also. When it was mentioned to you, you came back with the bit of sarcasm above. If I were Ravine and Gaz, I'd wait until the second report of a problem in the future rather than jumping right in.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Talk about someone being ungrateful!! You came on here and reported a really heinous case of vandalism, raising everyone's ire, and after an offer of help by Ravine and expressions of sympathy by Gaz, you return to say 'No one did anything. I overreacted. oops, my bad' without so much as a 'Thanks for your help and sympathy'. You complained about the f'ing scrappers and how your group worked very hard to give the special needs kids something special. I think perhaps showing appreciation to those that offered help and understanding might be a valuable concept to present to those children also. When it was mentioned to you, you came back with the bit of sarcasm above. If I were Ravine and Gaz, I'd wait until the second report of a problem in the future rather than jumping right in.
    Vic_doucette, the point being made is that [[your) opening post in this thread drew concern. At least one DYes poster took action, albeit [[literally) unsolicited. Would you rather have had the DYes community simply pat you on the back for your altruistic efforts and shake their heads [[with you) apathetically? What was your purpose for this thread? In response, consider being kind. That would be an appropriate example and lesson you could share with the special-needs kids [[and their parents).