Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFair View Post
There were groups of kids all over downtown. Probably no more than 20-30 in one spot, but there probably a hundred or more in total. Very strange experience.

I don't mean this to sound facetious, but a couple of blocks from where I live, if there aren't a bunch of thirty kids hanging outside bars and restaurants, let alone a hundred on certain city blocks every night, that would be considered weird. The legal drinking age is eighteen, students from nearby universities for the most part, just kids on the sidewalks loitering. The cops are easy on them, and it is just part of being young. I think alarm bells go off for no good reason most of the time when youths congregate. We need to give a bit of breathing space and responsibility to those who will take up the challenge.

Is Ann Arbor not pretty happening on its main streets on weeknights? Is there not a double standard of haves and have nots? We suspect these kids to be straight out ghetto kids not college material, therefore up to no good. Maybe that is the case because society somehow expects and provokes a pattern of behavior based on expectations, just saying.