Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I recall the upstairs bar looking very tired at least 5 years back when we stayed for a wedding. Hope the refresh improves the amenity spaces and the rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    I recall the upstairs bar looking very tired at least 5 years back when we stayed for a wedding. Hope the refresh improves the amenity spaces and the rooms.
    I'm sure I'm dating myself but I much prefer the old style bars with a decent size bar where you can stand, have a drink and talk to a few strangers. The booths were nicer than the trend to chairs/couches with low tables also. The old lobby bar was great. A hotel bar should be at street level, encouraging locals to stop in.

Goodbye Ferchill!

Yes it’s probably good for Detroit, because Ferchill just didn’t have the resources to keep the hotel going, however we have to thank this guy and his family big-time. He literally rescued this hotel from the bulldozer, and renovated it beautifully , It was an absolute disaster inside before the restoration, and so few wanted to spend money in Detroit. He went to great lengths with details to bring this hotel back to the level it is. He stuck his neck out when few others would, and we have to be grateful for that, overall he did a beautiful job. He was very proud of this hotel always, he and his family have had several offers ,years ago, from large conglomerates to buy the building and he just refused, he was so proud of it. Times have changed in the last couple of years for obvious reasons, and he found himself way over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Yes it’s probably good for Detroit, because Ferchill just didn’t have the resources to keep the hotel going, however we have to thank this guy and his family big-time. He literally rescued this hotel from the bulldozer, and renovated it beautifully , It was an absolute disaster inside before the restoration, and so few wanted to spend money in Detroit. He went to great lengths with details to bring this hotel back to the level it is. He stuck his neck out when few others would, and we have to be grateful for that, overall he did a beautiful job. He was very proud of this hotel always, he and his family have had several offers ,years ago, from large conglomerates to buy the building and he just refused, he was so proud of it. Times have changed in the last couple of years for obvious reasons, and he found himself way over his head.

It's kinda sad that he was forced out though.