Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

lilpup Guest

I've often wondered about a scenario like this. She really can't claim self-defense and, I suppose, could potentially get charged with attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I've often wondered about a scenario like this. She really can't claim self-defense and, I suppose, could potentially get charged with attempted murder.
    Hopefully she didn't say that she was trying to run him down, but only chase him down when she talked to the police.

I have a hard time believing a jury would convict her. I would think even a crappy defense attorney could get her off.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Hopefully she didn't say that she was trying to run him down, but only chase him down when she talked to the police.

I have a hard time believing a jury would convict her. I would think even a crappy defense attorney could get her off.
    With crime the way it is in this city, Kym Worthy wouldn't even dare press this. She would never find 12 individuals to convict.

The woman should be hailed as a hero. It would be nice if thugs would rethink their life knowing there is a chance they will get hurt. Unfortunately, they will probably become more violent instead.

Have you read the Self-Defense law in the State of Michigan. It was changed in the past few years.

The laws state that you have the right to use deadly force if you feel that your life is threaten.

The law state feel and does not state that your life is truly being threatened.

She can claim Self-Defense.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Have you read the Self-Defense law in the State of Michigan. It was changed in the past few years.

The laws state that you have the right to use deadly force if you feel that your life is threaten.

The law state feel and does not state that your life is truly being threatened.

She can claim Self-Defense.
    Not when she's in her car chasing the guy.

In Michigan, if she felt that her life was in danger, IT IS LEGAL TO USE DEADLY FORCE. CHECK THE LAW!

SHE CAN ALSO MAKE A CITIZENS ARREST.

lilpup Guest

Get it through your head - her life was not in danger. Yes, she can make a citizens arrest but not by running over someone.

The State Law does not says if a person life is in danger. It states that if a person feels that their life is in danger.

If she felt that her life was in danger, then she had a legal right to defend herself with a gun, knife, or a car.

Get it through your head - her life was not in danger. Yes, she can make a citizens arrest but not by running over someone.
    The State Law does not says if a person life is in danger. It states that if a person feels that their life is in danger.

If she felt that her life was in danger, then she had a legal right to defend herself with a gun, knife, or a car.

On a personal level I think the kid got what he had coming for stealing the lady's phone.

But on a LEGAL level, doesn't your right to claim self defense end when the other person is actively fleeing the scene?

Think about it folks. It was a iPhone and look at the wealth of information that he could have took and did end up killing someone tryin to rob them. A theif is a damn thief....
    If I was her I would have said he slipped and fell and I didnt mean to back over him,,just was checkin to make sure he was ok...

Isn't there a section on defending property though? I can't remember

Yeah, I think she might catch a case behind this... his family is going to go nuts to get justice for their victim loved one. Maybe not...

Do I support what she did? No she could have killed the guy, but I can see where the rage comes in..... more of this to come sadly in response to crime.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-25-11 at 04:03 AM.