Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    Doctors and Pharmacies don't have marijuana and don't dispense it. You need a licensed caregiver for that. You'd have to get your weed from your caregiver...that's the purpose of having a licensed caregiver
    Ok..i don't get it. so if you are a licensed caregiver, can you sell pot? Where does the properly registered medical mj user get their pot? do they have to grow it themselves?

The Michigan AG in the past, has said all he wants to do is clarify the law. So far everybody is more confused than ever before. They will bust you, and say ignorance of the law is no excuse. Just the way they like to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Ok..i don't get it. so if you are a licensed caregiver, can you sell pot? Where does the properly registered medical mj user get their pot? do they have to grow it themselves?
    There are 2 licenses:

Caregiver - can grow and sell to patients that have the caregiver listed as their caregiver.
    Patient - can buy from their listed caregiver. They cannot grow their own weed without being a caregiver also.

AFAIK you can have both licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    There are 2 licenses:

Caregiver - can grow and sell to patients that have the caregiver listed as their caregiver.
    Patient - can buy from their listed caregiver. They cannot grow their own weed without being a caregiver also.

AFAIK you can have both licenses.
    Am I being ridiculous in saying that the court ruling kind of makes sense then? The people amended the constitution to allow for medicinal marijuana. The amendment did not legalize pot. I mean, were I prescribed vicodin, I couldn't sell it to my friend....why should I be able to sell my pot?

To me, the real issue is this:
    Michigan's law doesn't indicate how people who are allowed to use marijuana for medical purposes can get hold of supplies. It says they can possess up to 2.5 ounces of "usable" pot and keep up to 12 plants in a locked place.
    So if I have a pot card...where do I get "legal" pot?
    Last edited by bailey; August-24-11 at 02:52 PM.

Am I being ridiculous in saying that the court ruling kind of makes sense then? The people amended the constitution to allow for medicinal marijuana. The amendment did not legalize pot. I mean, were I prescribed vicodin, I couldn't sell it to my friend....why should I be able to sell my pot?

To me, the real issue is this:

So if I have a pot card...where do I get "legal" pot?
    Thanks Bailey, that has been my problem with this licensing from the beginning. Since buying and selling seeds and clones is still illegal, how do you legally get started once you have your license? Add to that the fact that your name is now in some database somewhere advertising the fact you grow weed. No thanks.

Yep. Although it's not illegal for someone with a caregiver card to BUY pot on the street, it's illegal to sell it from the street. A caregiver CAN grow it themselves [[as in the cases that I know of).