Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Asbestos siding was used from the 1920s and covers the flat roof section on the rear of if, for instance it had An attic fire at one time and low budget allowed for 1/2 roof replacement?

The colors are from Sherman Williams 1920s vintage collection or similar to so whoever painted it put some thought into what they were doing in regards to historic vintage colors.

Picture it with this roof on the whole house.

http://www.antiquehome.org/House-Pla...in/Detroit.htm
    Last edited by Richard; October-23-11 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Asbestos siding was used from the 1920s and covers the flat roof section on the rear of if, for instance it had An attic fire at one time and low budget allowed for 1/2 roof replacement?

The colors are from Sherman Williams 1920s vintage collection or similar to so whoever painted it put some thought into what they were doing in regards to historic vintage colors.

Picture it with this roof on the whole house.

http://www.antiquehome.org/House-Pla...in/Detroit.htm
    It looks like a small farmhouse, despite the faintly Craftsman-y porch railing.

The back is actually not a flat roof, it does have a slope to it even if the sides go up - you can kind of see it on Google Streetview if you look at the back from the Charlevoix angle.

FWIW, Zillow has it being built in 1916, with a square footage of only 306, which I could only see if that back low-slope roof portion was an addition and the sq footage didn't include that.

Their shingles are killing me. If more aerials from the past 10 years didn't have the roof vents, I'd have said those shingles were on their last breath based on how bad they look, and the fact that the porch shingles look better. I'm not sure if people would bother to put in roof vents with shingles in that bad of condition, however.
    Last edited by courtney; October-24-11 at 04:29 PM.