Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Zacha, charter schools scored the same or below public schools. That's not the panacea.

Teachers are not the demons. You can put a genius with a master's degree in each classroom and it will only go so far. Social milieu and the home environment are critical factors. There have to be role models DPS students can look up to, because too often there's no one in the home with an education or a job.

Oh, let me clarify, I was not endorsing or even diminishing the charters. I was speaking pragmatically in terms of how it's easier to go from one kind of teaching "option" to another [[be that secondary or post-secondary). And for sure I don't blame teachers out and out. There is so much going on in these homes, or should I say NOT GOING ON... and as I stated the "death of thousand cuts" has to have and impact and added stress. Those dedicated to the kids must put this in their peripheral in order to continue on I am certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    Zacha, charter schools scored the same or below public schools. That's not the panacea.

Teachers are not the demons. You can put a genius with a master's degree in each classroom and it will only go so far. Social milieu and the home environment are critical factors. There have to be role models DPS students can look up to, because too often there's no one in the home with an education or a job.