Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Mainstream media -- and their big business backers -- do not like you growing your own food. They will do anything they can to scare you off it. Notice how they hide the actual, practical advice in the second page, so the laziest readers will simply conclude that home gardens are dangerous.

They could have just as easily written a story called, "Clever gardeners find ways to deal with lead in their soil." But, nope, big food™ wouldn't like that.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Mainstream media -- and their big business backers -- do not like you growing your own food. They will do anything they can to scare you off it. Notice how they hide the actual, practical advice in the second page, so the laziest readers will simply conclude that home gardens are dangerous.

They could have just as easily written a story called, "Clever gardeners find ways to deal with lead in their soil." But, nope, big food™ wouldn't like that.
    There are, as they say, ways to remediate, such as spinach growing over time. Or, as I have heard, sunflowers. It's unclear as to how much time or growing seasons it takes to remove the lead. I guess the only way to be sure is to test and retest. If it were up to me, I would, anyway.