Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    They're going to need to build even more decks for the automated cars. Otherwise the roads will be totally impassible due to the 2 round trips each suburbanites car would make each day for work. Rush hour will expand to become rush day with all the empty cars running back and forth. It's going to be major gridlock all day.
    I would think for one with a self-driver, the inclination would be to have it park itself for free on a nice side street nearby, rather than drive back home - maybe take itself for a car wash or servicing too.

I also foresee them cooperatively owned and operated as a door-to-door carpool vehicle available for doing run-arounds during work hours, or even earning ride sharing side income. This could eliminate the need for and expense of the second family car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I would think for one with a self-driver, the inclination would be to have it park itself for free on a nice side street nearby, rather than drive back home
    We had that annoying problem on my block. Dang things were always coming and going creating traffic and taking up all the parking!

The solution was simple after no help from the authorities. We started placing cardboard boxes and other random objects in front and behind pinning them in until somebody finally made the trip over to free them. The software at the data centers quickly learned 'not on our street' and the problem was solved.

Not much is free these days, even less will be in the future. Parking centers will just be somewhere else on less valuable land but I doubt they will be free.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-16-17 at 04:39 PM.