Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

^^^^My understanding of it was that when Buddy's was just a bar on Conant workers from the local auto plants brought over the dark metal pans they used for holding bolts and such for the bar to use as pizza pans and some of those are still in use today.
    Detroit Pizza is square with carmelized edges from the combination of the farmers cheese, high heat, and dark pans.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    ...carmelized edges from the combination of the farmers cheese, high heat, and dark pans.
    Used to go there with my family in the 50's when I was a kid. Egg yolk was also brushed on the crust. The stuff served-up at Buddy's franchises today isn't as good IMHO. Now the pizza survives based on reputation more than quality.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; December-21-20 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Used to go there with my family in the 50's when I was a kid. Egg yolk was also brushed on the crust. The stuff served-up at Buddy's franchises today isn't as good IMHO. Now the pizza survives based on reputation more than quality.
    I agree, not the same as it used to be. Haven't tried the original location lately though.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    I don't think the pizza they serve now tastes anywhere near as good as it used to. Maybe its the location I go to, but it is consistently mediocre. I haven't been to the one on Davision / 6 mile lately. I'm think Jet's is better tasting pizza these days.
    Last edited by softailrider; April-30-21 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I don't think the pizza they serve now tastes anywhere near as good as it used to. Maybe its the location I go to, but it is consistently mediocre. I haven't been to the one on Davision / 6 mile lately. I'm think Jet's is better tasting pizza these days.
    Given a choice between the Jets on Mack across from Parcells and the Indian/Pakistani place next to it I'll choose the latter any day. Half Italian-American; just sayin'.
    Last edited by bust; April-30-21 at 08:17 PM.