Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: DPS a Gulag?

Hybrid View

Many teachers have told me that the problem is not so much with the kids its the parents. The unruly parents as DT points out are the real problem. You either don't hear from them or when you do its because they don't like you as a teacher making their kid accountable for some thing they did or did not do. I guess the parents figure " I don't hold my kid accountable so why should you ?" That's why I maintain that the improvement that we all want to see in education starts with the parents and their attitude toward the educational process
    Last edited by firstandten; April-03-13 at 08:08 AM.

I guess I treat the kids like I gave birth to them so getting in trouble with me is something they'd not rather do. I give them a what-for, don't do it again, or the famous "mama look" [[as my students call it) and usually whatever rotten behavior is happening quickly stops. I've had times where nothing worked and the kid begged me to write them up and suspend them. I'd rather be in a tank with scorpions [[is usually my reply). If they WANT me to suspend them, then something else is planned for the next few days. I won't do it. Last laugh and all. I can handle unruly teens, it's the adults that I would rather not have to confront.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Many teachers have told me that the problem is not so much with the kids its the parents. The unruly parents as DT points out are the real problem. You either don't hear from them or when you do its because they don't like you as a teacher making their kid accountable for some thing they did or did not do. I guess the parents figure " I don't hold my kid accountable so why should you ?" That's why I maintain that the improvement that we all want to see in education starts with the parents and their attitude toward the educational process