My letter that is being sent to GM:

Dear General Motor’s,
I was highly disappointed in your most recent Cadillac promotion. Yesterday, April 24, 2014, I decided to drive to Les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn to test drive a Caddy. To be honest, I am a Ford guy, and have been since the early 90’s. Due to amount of driving I do, I always purchase rather than lease my vehicles. Since 1992 I have purchased new, a 1992 Ford Aerostar Sport, a 1995 Ford Econoline Conversion Van, a 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew, a 2007 Ford Expedition and most recently a 2013 Ford Edge SEL. I live in the heart of Ford Country only a ½ Mile from Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant. My neighbors to the right and left of me work for Ford as does the neighbor behind me, so for me to try out a G.M product would have been really something. Your promotion states that it will run to April 30 or while supplies last. What a scam. I was lured into the showroom by this promotion just as you wanted. I was promptly met by a salesperson who asked if I need assistance. I said I there to take advantage of the $100 promotion and to test drive a Cadillac that would be similar in style and size as my Edge. The salesperson said they were out of the Visa certificates and no other dealer had any left. Really! This salesperson ‘s nickname must have been “Carnac the Magnificent” to know that all Cadillac dealerships were out of the promotions. He said since I was there he would love to have me still test drive the car. That, right there turned me off. The old “bait and switch” routine at its best! “We don’t have any more promos left but we can still sell you a car”. For a promotion to run out of certificates at least a week early is some definite bad planning on your part.
You get all the networks to promote it on their newscasts to get new buyers in the showroom, then you tell the potential buyers, oops we don’t have the Visa cards but since you drove all the way here, can we sell you a car? I hope you put a little more thought into your next promotion.

Thank you for my time not well spent,