Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    So every homeless person in the state of California is illegal? Pfft.

Is that from the "FAIR" study? If so, it is highly partisan and flawed. They overestimated the number of undocumented/illegals by over 1 million. They also included American born children of illegal immigrants when they factored the costs for education and non-reimbursed costs for health care. This is a significant mistake since these children are American citizens.

Another problem with that kind of study is it does not/cannot consider the long term benefits of earlier financial investment. For example, the low income preschool program Head Start costs a lot of money at face value, but exposure to the program generates long-term improvements in outcomes such as schooling attainment, earnings, and crime reduction, all of which are beneficial to society and save money in the long run.

I believe it is more likely that your logic is a bit off. You fail to recall Trump was not elected by a majority. The majority of voters rejected Trump's agenda. Additionally, as you pointed out to me, 12% of Trump voters supported Bernie Sanders during the primary. Obviously these people didn't consider the candidate's views on immigration, or much of anything when the cast their vote.

However, if you think the Gallup Poll is inaccurate, here are a few more:

http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-cont...oters_XTab.pdf

https://www.people-press.org/wp-cont...on_FINAL-1.pdf

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/partisa...cbs-news-poll/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...gthen-the-u-s/

This [[above) is the one you might find most disturbing if you were born prior to 1965.

75% of Millennials say immigrants strengthen rather than burden the U.S. That compares with 63% of GenXers [[my generation), and 52% of Baby Boomers.

RE: Fair

You are disputing the numbers,they are compiled from public records,provide the numbers that you are disputing as evidence.

How exactly do 75% of millennials say ILLEGAL immigrants strengthen rather then burden.

Nice try in mixing legal immigrants in with illegals to try and make a case.

The discussion was about ILLEGALS and not immigration in general.

You are referring to polls that in 2016 got every poll wrong,have they mended thier ways? Why should I believe them now?

Bottom line is facts,the facts are backed up by numbers that are advailable,you are the second person that has used the Fair study as a way to discredit what you seem to know little about.

If you want to discredit Fair then post your numbers,prove them wrong and make your party proud.

When you can differentiate between illegal immigration verses legal immigrants,maybe we can have a discussion,bring your disputing numbers plea

IMO, the issue is that many conflate their feelings/ opinion [[I did not vote for him either) about illegal immigrants/ immigration solely to Trump.

Thus, we see the protection and support given towards illegals against Trump [[as a platform position). I mean it only seems reasonable - on the surface at least!

Criticism re. illegal immigration is posited as agreement with the right [[GOP).

Too bad we're cast into these narrow slots of support vs resistance. The nation will suffer down the road as a result - unable to apprehend consequences!!

POLI-TRICKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...How exactly do 75% of millennials say ILLEGAL immigrants strengthen rather then burden.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-06-19 at 03:25 AM.