Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Granted Locke09 Gary Brown may not have the reorganization skills, but who does within Detroit city government ? My perception of his job will be to do the day-to-day running of the city ,probably to enforce systems that Mr. Orr and his consultants have already put in place. Maybe that's why the fact that Brown was a whistleblower was impressive to Orr in the first place. Brown will make sure the department heads and other managers carry out the will of Orr.
    So is that worth $225,000 per year? I think not. I don't think it takes special skills to get people to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    So is that worth $225,000 per year? I think not. I don't think it takes special skills to get people to do their jobs.
    I do have a problem with the amount of salary as well. I guess the length of time of the engagement is the justification for the high salary. Once Orr leaves Brown will most likely be out of a job probably for good so the salary had to be high enough to make it worth his while. As far as people doing their jobs, it shouldn't take special skills for getting people to do their jobs. Wait, maybe for Detroit it does since we have a lot of folks not doing their jobs.

Granted Locke09 Gary Brown may not have the reorganization skills, but who does within Detroit city government ?
    I'm not a city employee, but I find your generalization that there isn't another employee within city government qualified for the job to be offensive to the many hard working employees caught up in this mess.

I do have a problem with the amount of salary as well. I guess the length of time of the engagement is the justification for the high salary. Once Orr leaves Brown will most likely be out of a job probably for good so the salary had to be high enough to make it worth his while.
    Yeah, you wouldn't want him to have to dip into his $8.4 million settlement from the city to buy his peanut butter.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I'm not a city employee, but I find your generalization that there isn't another employee within city government qualified for the job to be offensive to the many hard working employees caught up in this mess.
    The claim was made that Gary Brown didn't have the specialized skill set to do the job Orr hired him for. My statement was pretty much if he doesn't have the skill set then who does within city government, not that nobody has it, which is what you read into my statement . Maybe nobody has that skill set within city government which in that case Gary Brown is as good of choice as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Yeah, you wouldn't want him to have to dip into his $8.4 million settlement from the city to buy his peanut butter.
    Gary Browns settlement should have nothing to do with his job prospects. Mr. Brown went thru some difficult times socially and financially during the 5 years or so he was in limbo with his law suit. He didn't necessarily know at the time that at the end of the journey he would win big. For all he knew back then KK could still be in office and he would've been left out in the cold.