NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

What's the difference?

Some anti-immigrant thing?

Default Plausible argument for more federal dollars fail

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    What's the difference?
    Some anti-immigrant thing?
    I'll tell you, I have no idea. I have been shaking my head, wondering in just what context the Sheriff could have compared the length of Michigan's border with Canada to that of the US with Mexico [[other than an academic exercise). Vote for me, I can plausibly argue for more federal funds? Because, erm, well, if you take the shoreline, you see...and I'll be generous and leave out the islands, how about that?

While I wish Michigan the best, of course, I for one think Sheriff Bouchard is overstating the case. For instance, in his figure for the US-Mexico border, nowhere does he account for the shoreline of Hawaii! And yet Hawaii is destination numero uno for human-smuggling "delfins." Next time you're in Hawaii, ask a local how many illegals come across that border, you'll likely get an earful!

Then again, I kid. I think the Sheriff is most likely being ridiculous.
    Last edited by fryar; July-03-10 at 11:40 AM.