Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

...since the pagers were city-owned, weren't the messages, by default, technically public domain..?

..anyway, I suspect that even a settlement would not expedite his restitution payments to the city. If anything, he would probably seek an angle to continue stalling under the premise that a lawsuit settlement claim is not "work related income" or something.. In any case, whenever this case goes forward, expect local news outlets to cover it regularly.. sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...since the pagers were city-owned, weren't the messages, by default, technically public domain..?

..anyway, I suspect that even a settlement would not expedite his restitution payments to the city. If anything, he would probably seek an angle to continue stalling under the premise that a lawsuit settlement claim is not "work related income" or something.. In any case, whenever this case goes forward, expect local news outlets to cover it regularly.. sigh..
    Perhaps not 'public domain' --- as that is a legal term that means some particular things -- but in my opinion, every act and utterance by any public official should be public record.

I do, however, believe in a reasonable system of delaying the release of certain information, and in early disclosure also when appropriate.

Main point--- public officials should remember at every moment that they serve the public.