Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I've seen many more stories along these lines:

https://windsorstar.com/opinion/colu...e-time-of-need
    Bravo to Windsor Star columnist Gord Henderson in chastising both Windsor MP's and for sticking up for the D in the grave time of need. The bravery of Windsor health care workers in Detroit hospitals harkens back to 1967 when Windsor sent fire fighters into the fury and gunfire of the 1967 riot.

"Rookie Liberal MP Irek Kusmierczyk added this week that all options are being considered, including restricting cross-border travel for health-care employees, to prevent further spread, but he at least had the decency to concede further restrictions on the 1,600 Windsor cross-border health-care workers could seriously harm Detroit’s healthcare system.

"Seriously harm? One of my relatives, working with coronavirus patients in a Detroit hospital I’m not at liberty to name, cut to the chase: “You would basically be sentencing people to death. People would die because of that and there would be blood on those Canadian politicians’ hands."

I'm all in favor of steps to protect them by all means necessary but to have drawn salaries and benefits for years and then abandon their fellow hospital workers, not to mention the patients, in this dark hour would stain them with with cowardice and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Bravo to Windsor Star columnist Gord Henderson in chastising both Windsor MP's and for sticking up for the D in the grave time of need. The bravery of Windsor health care workers in Detroit hospitals harkens back to 1967 when Windsor sent fire fighters into the fury and gunfire of the 1967 riot.

"Rookie Liberal MP Irek Kusmierczyk added this week that all options are being considered, including restricting cross-border travel for health-care employees, to prevent further spread, but he at least had the decency to concede further restrictions on the 1,600 Windsor cross-border health-care workers could seriously harm Detroit’s healthcare system.

"Seriously harm? One of my relatives, working with coronavirus patients in a Detroit hospital I’m not at liberty to name, cut to the chase: “You would basically be sentencing people to death. People would die because of that and there would be blood on those Canadian politicians’ hands."

I'm all in favor of steps to protect them by all means necessary but to have drawn salaries and benefits for years and then abandon their fellow hospital workers, not to mention the patients, in this dark hour would stain them with with cowardice and greed.
    I'm certain it's not going to happen because Trudeau wouldn't even use the threat of it when Trump held up the 3M supplies. However, I don't think it would "stain them with cowardice and greed" if it was mandated by politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I'm certain it's not going to happen because Trudeau wouldn't even use the threat of it when Trump held up the 3M supplies. However, I don't think it would "stain them with cowardice and greed" if it was mandated by politicians.
    Which is why no politician would do it. They would look like the cowards and have to take responsibility for the resulting job losses that would likely occur.