Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    MSU is just a normal university. It might be harder to get into than some of our other universities, but it's not substantially in a different tier from the others. You can get a perfectly fine education at MSU, WSU, or EMU, and each of those schools have individual programs which rank well nationally. But the Stanfords and MITs of this world, and even the UMs, are at another level.

There's nothing wrong with any of these colleges. It's just that if you're a halfway decent student you'll get into at least one of them [[which is a good thing!), and most high schools [[even many in Detroit) are sufficient to enable you to become a halfway decent student.
    UofM/Stanford/MIT are Tier 1 universities. MSU is Tier 2. WSU/EMU are Tier 4. This is for undergrad ranking only, as WSU has a well-regarded Tier 2 law school.

A “normal” university is Tier 3 or 4. That’s where “halfway decent” students go...

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    UofM/Stanford/MIT are Tier 1 universities. MSU is Tier 2. WSU/EMU are Tier 4. This is for undergrad ranking only, as WSU has a well-regarded Tier 2 law school.

A “normal” university is Tier 3 or 4. That’s where “halfway decent” students go...
    Regarding the law school at WSU, it's kind of like the MSU/UM point I think Jason made. While U of M is considered a world-class law school, barely any of it's graduates stay in Michigan, whereas WSU students almost all stay in Michigan to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    Regarding the law school at WSU, it's kind of like the MSU/UM point I think Jason made. While U of M is considered a world-class law school, barely any of it's graduates stay in Michigan, whereas WSU students almost all stay in Michigan to practice.
    My point is not at all similar to Jason’s. Likewise, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make either regarding the original topic.

My point is not at all similar to Jason’s. Likewise, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make either regarding the original topic.
    Jason's point, I thought, and I apologize to Jason if I'm wrong, is that everything with these schools can kind of be seen as subjective.

You mentioned Wayne State, a "Tier 4" being a "Tier 2" law school.

So maybe Wayne State's law school wasn't the original topic, but I mentioned it because you went off topic, eh? Perhaps your reading comprehension isn't so good.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    Jason's point, I thought, and I apologize to Jason if I'm wrong, is that everything with these schools can kind of be seen as subjective.

You mentioned Wayne State, a "Tier 4" being a "Tier 2" law school.

So maybe Wayne State's law school wasn't the original topic, but I mentioned it because you went off topic, eh? Perhaps your reading comprehension isn't so good.
    The incorrect information about colleges is literally within the original post.

Also, the fact that this discussion is about undergraduate school was clearly stated but you’re pretending otherwise for some reason.

You have some strange motivations behind your posts on these topics. You seem insecure about your own academic credentials. Not my fault. That’s all on you.

You didn't mention WSU law school?