Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by chitaku View Post
    I watch them on a daily basis and I feel like it is going to be part of a new arena complex. Just my theory
    I have a feeling that they are getting ready for the arena... I doubt this will be part of the complex, but with it likely to be very nearby, Ilitch would probably want to have the area cleaned up a bit. This could very well end up being part of a Quicken development, however, as Dan Gilbert has said he wants it to have a strong entertainment development, as he tries to lure his employees downtown. But there is every possibility that this all begins to come to fruition at the same time.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    I have a feeling that they are getting ready for the arena... I doubt this will be part of the complex, but with it likely to be very nearby, Ilitch would probably want to have the area cleaned up a bit. This could very well end up being part of a Quicken development, however, as Dan Gilbert has said he wants it to have a strong entertainment development, as he tries to lure his employees downtown. But there is every possibility that this all begins to come to fruition at the same time.
    Maybe.

It seems like an awful lot of people are positioning themselves to overcome the last few problems we had in the last try at a real renaissance [[2005-2006). One of the problems was that almost everyone started way too late, leaving many developments unfinished, or finished long after the good times were gone.

Unfortunately, this next recovery and period of growth seems like it may be very small and short lived. But, either way, Detroit and many Detroiters, especially the movers and shakers, seem to be ready to take advantage of the next set of opportunities and milk them for all that their worth.

You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Maybe.

It seems like an awful lot of people are positioning themselves to overcome the last few problems we had in the last try at a real renaissance [[2005-2006). One of the problems was that almost everyone started way too late, leaving many developments unfinished, or finished long after the good times were gone.

Unfortunately, this next recovery and period of growth seems like it may be very small and short lived. But, either way, Detroit and many Detroiters, especially the movers and shakers, seem to be ready to take advantage of the next set of opportunities and milk them for all that their worth.

You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed....
    I posted late last week that it looked as if a pair of windows had been replaced. I went by again last night, and it looked as if they have marked a number of other windows for replacement, signified with a big 'X' made from blue painters tape.

The only thing I am curious about is when the outside will get some attention. The outside is going to require quite a bit of work, to remove the remnants of the wavy canopy and make it look like an inhabitable building again. Time will tell.