Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Council's July 10th meeting including an offer for some city-owned land at 1539 East Grand and 6821 East Ferry by the owners of the Packard. The former is one of the buildings of the plant and the latter looks to be a vacant lot kitty-corner to it. They are proposing to use the building as a mixed-use office, hotel, restaurant, and indoor go-kart track. The empty lot of Ferry will be turned into a parking lot for this usage.

Stuff is going on if you know where to look. I'm surprised anyone wanted to save any of this thing, quite honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Stuff is going on if you know where to look. I'm surprised anyone wanted to save any of this thing, quite honestly.
    I kinda understand this stance. The Packard is not in a central area, unlike the Book Tower downtown or the MCS building in Corktown... and the Packard requires so much input to truly repair it, given its massive size. Nevertheless, if the project is a success, it will breathe lots of new life into that area of the city.