Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Youguy are feeling tantrummy, again?

Folks on here are debating the need for rehabilitating and improving the island, notwithstanding the finer points of contracts as they stand. You then accuse [[you guys) of letting the island disintegrate on their watch.

Youguy’s relentless “one against the world” stance is what makes you a big hit.

My personal fave is the little bit about Trump youguy wove in one of your posts to somehow link this to [[you guys) failure to protect Belle Isle. Why not? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Youguy are feeling tantrummy, again?

Folks on here are debating the need for rehabilitating and improving the island, notwithstanding the finer points of contracts as they stand. You then accuse [[you guys) of letting the island disintegrate on their watch.

Youguy’s relentless “one against the world” stance is what makes you a big hit.

My personal fave is the little bit about Trump youguy wove in one of your posts to somehow link this to [[you guys) failure to protect Belle Isle. Why not? Lol
    It had zero to do with Trump and everything to do with when there is a window of opportunity open you take it,who is opening the window has little relevance,when you make it relevant,you are only hurting yourself and your community.

The people that live in the region are only here for a period of time,where as the city is there for decades,as each generation flows through the city,they have a duty to protect it and advance it for future generations.

It’s not one against the world,it’s a community fighting to protect what they have while moving the city forward in the proper way,in order to reduce the set backs that occur due to changing conditions.

It all plays into the same group,from protecting the island to saving historical buildings to implementing public transportation,if you do not have a solid foundation at the start,IE something that is legally protected so it is not subject to change as administrations change,it remains protected forever.

The difference between you and me is you look at the here and now and laser focused on a specific object,where a city is based on a bigger picture.

What is going on with the island is repeating the mistakes of the past,the key is to recognize them and prevent them from happening again,it is clear that there is opposition in doing that,for whatever motive,as there are clearly some that prefer the city and region to stay the same.

I do not need to live or visit the city or island to invest in it,I have a right to protect my investment,the city still owns the park and someday it will return to the city.

I do not care if you do not like me or my posts,the city guarantees my investment,actually the taxpayers do,if I see something that may pose a threat in the future to the city and my investment,I am going to say or do something,sense you are not backing my investment as they say Frankly my dear ,I do not give a damn what you think about me.

I invested in what was once the greatest cities in the country that impacted the world,I believe in it and I believe it can achieve that again,If I see something I will say something,it does not matter even if it is from 1200 miles away.

It has now been 8 years under state control,the only major announcement that I have seen is the moving of the race to downtown,from the comments I have seen here and other places,not much groundbreaking improvements have been made,and you do not need to mow the grass when it is covered in snow.

So the next question would be what does it take to move it forward in a more rapid and productive manner,to me it takes going back to the beginning and seeing what roadblocks are in place that need to be addressed and what are the limitations.

Intil you do that you are not doing anything different in the last 8 years as you are going to be doing in the next 8 years.

Plus you have to look at the states point of view,are they really going to put millions into a park that they have to return to the city,that is millions in capital investment or are they going to just do what it takes ground maintenance wise in order to keep it clean.

It needs capital investment in order to maximize,that takes private agreements that the state may not be in the position to implement.

So the way I am looking at it,8 years later is it time to revisit the original lease terms in order to tweak it,the city has the power to make decisions in regards to the operation and allowing private enterprise to run functions on the island that the state does not.

I do not know if they could revamp it where the state retains it as a state park but sub-leases back to the city the rights to running the structure aspect,who could then sub lease parts out to private enterprises.

Every year that goes by there are structures continuing to deteriorate and soon they will be at the point of no return and the state is not obligated to repair or replace them,it will be subject to the state’s budget as to if they will continue to exist or not.
    Last edited by Richard; March-26-22 at 03:33 PM.