Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Detroit is both. Unfortunately, just like the Great Recession it's the masses that had to bear the brunt of the long downturn and the fortunate few reaping the benefits in its recovery.
    Fortunate few? My company recently picked up multiple properties in the city that are undergoing extensive renovation. This has provided me a new position wherein I can live and work in the city. We are hiring for more people to work in the city full time with great benefits, not to mention all the contractors that are being put to work in these projects.

There is unlimited opportunity right now for those who want to work and make something for themselves. I feel that this gets too often overshadowed though by Gilbert's newest acquisition, or Ilitch bulldozing more historic buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Fortunate few? My company recently picked up multiple properties in the city that are undergoing extensive renovation. This has provided me a new position wherein I can live and work in the city. We are hiring for more people to work in the city full time with great benefits, not to mention all the contractors that are being put to work in these projects.

There is unlimited opportunity right now for those who want to work and make something for themselves. I feel that this gets too often overshadowed though by Gilbert's newest acquisition, or Ilitch bulldozing more historic buildings.
    You and the company you own/work for are among fortunate few. The million plus former residents some of which lost everything as the city basically crumbled around them is the warning.
    That's why I stated Detroit is both.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-26-18 at 01:56 PM.

K-slice, exactly! I'm glad you saw the opportunity in catastrophe. Now, how can you evolve past the status quo & bring your business into a more low-impact, environmentally friendly/constructive, & sustainable future? Old paradigms are falling continually. The people are demanding something different, more egalitarian & less skewed financially. Of course, that's been going on since the birth of the U.S.