Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

There is no excuse for anyone assaulting anyone else but as others advise above it is best to wait for the full details on this. Even the victim admits that he was driving the wrong way on a one-way and had been drinking. Subtract the racial dimension and that would PO a lot of people anywhere but a especially in an area where drunk hit and run drivers have killed children and others.

What do we know, what don't we know and ONLY then what do we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Even the victim admits that he was driving the wrong way on a one-way and had been drinking.
    And that matters...how?

Did you have this same attitude during the Renisha McBride story too? After all, she was drunk and crashed her car. No, you did not. Because that's victim blaming. Her being drunk did not excuse the violence committed against her. Even bringing it up serves little purpose except to deflect blame.

Let me ask this: if it were a black man claiming to have been assaulted by a group of whites in one of the Pointes, would you and Detroitnerd be so skeptical? Nope, you would not. You would never question a story like that or attempt to parse blame onto the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Let me ask this: if it were a black man claiming to have been assaulted by a group of whites in one of the Pointes, would you and Detroitnerd be so skeptical? Nope, you would not. You would never question a story like that or attempt to parse blame onto the victim.
    I think I urged restraint when McBride was shot too. It's only June, fellas. Plenty of time to burn. I think we should have a broader discussion about race instead of making hasty conclusions about breaking news...