Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    Doesn't make it right? The only time a downtown hotel is ever fully occupied is during a major event. Not only is every other parking space downtown already going to be used anyway, but most patrons probably aren't even arriving with their own private car. There's literally never a need for a hotel this small to ever need 1:1 parking spots for each hotel room.
    Sorry that I'm not a fan of riding a Shinola bike from the suburbs to downtown like you. I cherish my own personal safety by riding around inside a 4,600 lbs safety box. I don't car pool. I use my own private car during major events. I've seen a lot of others do it too. Downtown does have a lot of major events and I've seen traffic lined up for blocks to get parking during major events plus parking gets quite expensive during major events [[in some lots as high as 50 bucks a day because there isn't enough parking). I've also been stuck on the highway for half an hour to get on the offramp exit to downtown during a major event. This is called the motor city because it was supposed to be built for cars. I don't personally know anyone out of town that visits downtown with anything other than a car.

There is a need for more parking in downtown and hotels in downtown should have their own parking garages. Period.
    Last edited by davewindsor; April-01-15 at 09:10 AM.