Quote Originally Posted by thatonegirl View Post
I have read there is a lot going on in Detroit all the time, especially regarding the arts. I do plan on going out next spring break in 2016 for sure and visiting and maybe this summer.
The climate there is pretty similar to winter here in Flagstaff. 80's in the summer, and low 20's in the winter with unpredictable wind and snow.
Thank you so much!!! Sorry if I'm blabbing too much. [[:
I'm not sure how important it is to you, but the climates are pretty different. Flag is at 7,000 feet and is generally low humidity year round. Fortunately, there is a lot of sun during the winter. It's warmer in the summer and colder in the winter than Detroit, but the dryness makes a big difference. Detroit can be very gloomy during the winter with long bouts of no sun. Detroit can also be quite humid during the summer. The elevation difference matters and keeps the humidity lower. I live at 5,500 feet, can can do without house cooling until 92-93 degrees. The Detroit humidity will make the summer heat feel hotter and the winter cold feel colder.

If other issues are more important to you, than this probably won't matter except that you will know the differences in advance.