Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I have heard similar criticisms of Farley, in particularly from an outside consultant called in by Ford. He does have a bit of reputation of being more of a show horse than a work horse.

But in all fairness, Ford is going through some huge transitions [and yes all automakers, or 'mobility' companies as they like to call themselves now, are] with the move to EV, autopilot, the car essentially becoming a computer with wheels. These are uncharted waters and I wish them the best.

What I don't give them a pass on is quality control and their regaining the old moniker of FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily. There is nothing more damaging both to the bottom line and sales. FIX. THAT. NOW.

Now I read that Ford is returning to Formula One racing after 22 years. I know Farley is a speed enthusiast, and it is part of his glitz persona, but really? Now? With all the challenges?

Finish your edge-technologies campus at MCD, fix quality control, and tighten your belts. Stay focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    But in all fairness, Ford is going through some huge transitions [and yes all automakers, or 'mobility' companies as they like to call themselves now, are] with the move to EV, autopilot, the car essentially becoming a computer with wheels. These are uncharted waters and I wish them the best.
    That excuse doesn't really fly when its crosstown rival [[GM) had blowout earnings, while the foreign competion continues to do its thing.

GM, BTW, managed that without completely killing the morale of its workforce with mass layoffs nor berating them in town halls / interviews.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-07-23 at 05:02 PM.