Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Amznblue View Post
    One of the most ignorant posts I've read.
    Don't read a lot of posts here, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy
    Lormax Stern is doing to Macomb Mall what it did to Livonia Mall now "Livonia Marketplace".
    It makes sense. It's just the current PR at the Macomb Mall is nauseating considering the realities of the situation. It reminds me of a factory forcing workers to celebrate the completion of a new automated facility. Here's your employer essentially making a bold proclamation about how they wish they could replace you with a machine, and you have to clap and watch the ribbons get cut.

Taubman DUMPS Fairlane Mall & Partridge Creek.

Can we lighten up on the rhetoric. Using these inflammatory works like DUMPS.

What Tabuman did was SELL FM & PC.

The one constant in retail is change. What worked yesterday isn't what'd done today. Once it was main street. Then strip malls, that grew into super malls like Northland. Eventually and sadly it was enclosed. Now the trend is back to the open-air malls. Next who knows.

This SALE says NOTHING about anything except retail firms changing their buildings to maximize PROFIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Taubman DUMPS Fairlane Mall & Partridge Creek.

Can we lighten up on the rhetoric. Using these inflammatory works like DUMPS.

What Tabuman did was SELL FM & PC.

The one constant in retail is change. What worked yesterday isn't what'd done today. Once it was main street. Then strip malls, that grew into super malls like Northland. Eventually and sadly it was enclosed. Now the trend is back to the open-air malls. Next who knows.

This SALE says NOTHING about anything except retail firms changing their buildings to maximize PROFIT.
    i chose "dumping" because taubman is hq'd in bloomfiled hills and now only owns 2 malls in the state. and i say that because of what they did to lakeside [[sold & built partridge creek), as previously mentioned. its the cavalier attitude of building then dumping. im sure taxpayers get the ultimate tab to repurpose these properties.
    Last edited by hybridy; June-18-14 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    i chose "dumping" because taubman is hq'd in bloomfiled hills and now only owns 2 malls in the state. and i say that because of what they did to lakeside [[sold & built partridge creek), as previously mentioned. its the cavalier attitude of building then dumping. im sure taxpayers get the ultimate tab to repurpose these properties.
    I don't think selling 7 malls for $1.4 billion can in any way be considered dumping. The purchaser, Starwood Capital, has over $30 billion in assets [[much larger than Taubman) and is a major international development and hotel company. They obvously think their is something worthwhile in the malls. The fact that Taubman is located in Michigan was likely irrelevant to the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyinbrooklyn View Post
    don't read a lot of posts here, do you?
    lol....