Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
Detroit is more attractive to immigrant business owners than you might think, especially from the global south.
Once again, why would an immigrant choose Detroit over any other U.S. city. Their requirements are exactly the same as any locally born citizen. If you can't recruit citizens how are you going to recruit non citizens. What makes you think their standards for a better life are any lower than the people who already live in this country.

My family moved here from overseas in the late 60's, I came here by jet. My family moved here for a better life. Being a highly educated mechanical engineer, My father chose Detroit for it's high tech manufacturing capabilities and the availability of jobs in his field. If we were doing the same now, Detroit would not have even made the list of destinations we would have chosen. In the 60's it was number one on my families list.

My father left Detroit for a better job in Alabama the late 80's. He followed the manufacturing there. He happily retired and lived the rest of his days there.