Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    It's going to be fun fun fun watching this guy lose.
    Stosh will be wearing his Mondale pin when he votes for Virg

It would suck to vote for someone and see them lose by 30 points

A solid proposal, I think. After Snyder is elected, he'll probably steal the idea and claim it as his own.

So lincoln and johnsmith's counterpoints to this proposal consist of flinging fecal matter. Anybody else?

Personally I question how viable the plan would be to implement, but the details are far from my area of expertise.

It certainly is an aggressive plan. The "free land" is clearly something that needs to be implemented. as for site remediation - I don't think there is enough federal money to do that for free, and the legalities of who is responsible for what portion of the cost is a Gordian Knot - twenty years for the Uniroyal site to cut that one.

I haven't seen great success in redeveloping other "tax-free" zones around the country, and we have been ranked #2 in development investment for the last 5 years according to a couple of sources i've linked to before, a couple of those had us #1 in foreign investment. unfortunately, we have been #1 in disinvestment for the last 20

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    Stosh will be wearing his Mondale pin when he votes for Virg

At least I know that I am voting for SOMETHING.

Contrast that with the liar king Snyder. At the very least, I'll be happy to NOT vote the way Smith and you vote. Better yet, you two don't probably live here anyway.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    At least I know that I am voting for SOMETHING.

Contrast that with the liar king Snyder. At the very least, I'll be happy to NOT vote the way Smith and you vote. Better yet, you two don't probably live here anyway.
    This after Stosh criticized those "people that live in the city and can't stop congratulating themselves over the fact that they still live there". I believe those were his exact words while talking about what the biggest problem around here is.

Good grief!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    This after Stosh criticized those "people that live in the city and can't stop congratulating themselves over the fact that they still live there". I believe those were his exact words while talking about what the biggest problem around here is.

Good grief!
    Actually the biggest problem here is that you still can't comprehend the English language,or determining how to accurately quote and understand context. And yes, that self congratulation is still is a problem.

I'll bet that you will vote for the nerd right? That would be about your speed.

Oh, so you only vote for the candidate you think will win? You don't take their ideas into consideration? How childish.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Oh, so you only vote for the candidate you think will win? You don't take their ideas into consideration? How childish.

I was merely pointing out:

1. The title of the thread was pretty idiotic. Because Virg is so far behind in the polls it would lead to a comparison of a thread titled : Green Party Candidate X Raises the Stakes"--Who cares? The guy isn't going to win and none of his "ideas" are going to be put into place

2. A thirty point loss is a lot and much the same as Mondale voters, Virg voters must realize how far out of the mainstream they really are.

Imagine being a Mondale voter and to see that the guy you voted for lost 49 of 50 States--That might make me think that my thinking and ideas are of a very small minority. BTW--Did you know the Regan lost Minnesota[[Mondale's home state!) by only 3800 votes? He would have been the first President to win aall Fifty States.

Stosh Guest

I was merely pointing out:

1. The title of the thread was pretty idiotic. Because Virg is so far behind in the polls it would lead to a comparison of a thread titled : Green Party Candidate X Raises the Stakes"--Who cares? The guy isn't going to win and none of his "ideas" are going to be put into place
    Idiotic? Lincoln, take your head out of your behind before you post next time OK?

2. A thirty point loss is a lot and much the same as Mondale voters, Virg voters must realize how far out of the mainstream they really are.
    If the mainstream is made up of people like, you, then God help this country.
    How freaking pathetic can you be? Oh wait, nevermind, I've seen your posts.

Imagine being a Mondale voter and to see that the guy you voted for lost 49 of 50 States--That might make me think that my thinking and ideas are of a very small minority. BTW--Did you know the Regan lost Minnesota[[Mondale's home state!) by only 3800 votes? He would have been the first President to win aall Fifty States

I personally think that you have a crush on Mr. Mondale. Not that it's a bad thing.

But really, if that's all you have to prove your pathetic point, then I kinda feel sorry for you. And you don't vote here either, so basically, piss off.

lincoln8740 Guest

But really, if that's all you have to prove your pathetic point, then I kinda feel sorry for you. And you don't vote here either, so basically, piss off.

It's okay to go down with a sinking ship--It's very noble.

I am from here and I still live in the great State of Michigan. I also work in the shithole of a city known as Detroit everyday.

Stosh Guest

I am from here and I still live in the great State of Michigan. I also work in the shithole of a city known as Detroit everyday.
    I guess that you would know all about sinking ships, being a Republican shill.

And yes, it must really suck for you to have to go to your office in Detroit every day, IF that is the case. I wonder if you are one of those Taiwanese plants that are paid by the post? Great backstory if it is.

lincoln8740 Guest

I guess that you would know all about sinking ships, being a Republican shill.

And yes, it must really suck for you to have to go to your office in Detroit every day, IF that is the case. I wonder if you are one of those Taiwanese plants that are paid by the post? Great backstory if it is.

nope not a plant--care to ask me some wings trivia or about the dope boys on peterboro or better yet, should I take a picture with Shorty who is the "street valet" at the kales?

DetroitPole Guest

If it's such a shithole then quit and go get job in a fucking paradise like Livonia then.

And it's R-E-A-G-A-N for the love of G-d. You have such a hard-on for him that you could at least spell his name right.

Turns out lincoln is actually this guy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pbe/2106782847/
    Last edited by DetroitPole; October-13-10 at 08:34 PM.

Paddington Guest

Does Virg "Winky" Bernero have any plans on how to pay for all these corporate welfare handouts?

Nope. Didn't think so. He sounds a lot like Obama now, promising everything to everyone in the last days of his election. Spending for all. Tax breaks for all. We all know how that worked out.

The title of the thread was pretty idiotic. Because Virg is so far behind in the polls--Who cares? The guy isn't going to win and none of his "ideas" are going to be put into place.
    Judging by your past posts, its a safe bet that you support tea party-type of candidates who are short on plans, and long on rhetoric, sound-bites, catch-phrases, and vague answers.

Do you realize what you just posted describes your fringe, far-right candidates who love to fly the tea-party banner?

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    candidates who are short on plans, and long on rhetoric, sound-bites, catch-phrases, and vague answers.
    Are you talking about a Chicago Senator who would use phrases like "hope and change?"

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Do you realize what you just posted describes your fringe, far-right candidates who love to fly the tea-party banner?
    Sure I could see that. But the "fringe far right" does not win elections You are supporting a guy that is going to lose by 30 points--who is the fringe again?

I think we are doing something right because of the ass kicking that will happen in less than three weeks.

Looking forward to November

Stosh Guest

Are you talking about a Chicago Senator who would use phrases like "hope and change?"

Sure I could see that. But the "fringe far right" does not win elections You are supporting a guy that is going to lose by 30 points--who is the fringe again?

I think we are doing something right because of the ass kicking that will happen in less than three weeks.

Looking forward to November
    You see, this is all about the general ignorance of the voter. If it sounds good, it must BE good, right? WRONG. If you read between the lines, the Liar King will give the workers in Michigan a big surprise come January if elected. And the women in the state as well, from what I gather. Also, giving Detroit and other cities what they always wanted, a bankruptcy.

So yes, I suppose if you are a person that likes to inflict pain on others, I would not be surprised to see you get excited about the prospects of November. Maybe you can explain to me what will be so wonderful if the nerd gets elected?