Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Anybody else appreciate the irony that when Kid Rock bought the clothing label Made in Detroit, he pulled it out of the city and relocated in Clarkston? What -- Made in Clarkston doesn't have enough cache?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Anybody else appreciate the irony that when Kid Rock bought the clothing label Made in Detroit, he pulled it out of the city and relocated in Clarkston? What -- Made in Clarkston doesn't have enough cache?
    Do you mean 'cachet'? Or does the clothing have a hidden stash of weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Do you mean 'cachet'? Or does the clothing have a hidden stash of weapons?
    Maybe I meant moolah... dinero... bread... cabbage? Actually, maybe I spelled it right after all.

Maybe I meant moolah... dinero... bread... cabbage? Actually, maybe I spelled it right after all.
    If you meant money, then neither term was correct.
    Cachet is a 'certain something'; a mark of quality or distinction.
    Cache is short term storage

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If you meant money, then neither term was correct.
    Cachet is a 'certain something'; a mark of quality or distinction.
    Cache is short term storage
    Thanks for keeping it light, jcole. But since you're being such a nitpicker [[a person who is excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details), look up homophone. Geez, all this fuss over a simple "t".

checkraisej Guest

Thanks for keeping it light, jcole. But since you're being such a nitpicker [[a person who is excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details), look up homophone. Geez, all this fuss over a simple "t".
    And you could have just said "You're right, thanks for the correction", and it would be over, and you could both shut the fuck up about it.

Whoever the hell started this thread, you're welcome to your opinion. Apparently nobody else agrees with you, though.

LodgeDodger Guest

The details are hardly inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    The details are hardly inconsequential.
    so you've never made a typo before?

what is inconsequential, is that the misspelled word had very little to do with the point of the comment i made. you don't care for the comment? fine. bring it on. but let's leave typos out of it.

DetroitPole Guest

I like how everyone ignores this point. I guess since EVERYTHING is apparently Detroit, it doesn't matter.

I wonder if L. Brooks Patterson would consider that "poaching" or just good hearty capitalism.

It is great to know that if I move to Memphis MI or Armada I still live in Detroit

This thread is flawed in very many ways. Almost everything has been said so I won't beat a dead horse.

Kid Rock has done and still does a lot for the city of Detroit, I'm not exactly sure how he drags us through the mud with his music because YOU don't like it. He has earned a reputation as one of the hardest working people in the business and is known as one of the best live performances today.

I'm sorry this thread is just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    I like how everyone ignores this point. I guess since EVERYTHING is apparently Detroit, it doesn't matter.

I wonder if L. Brooks Patterson would consider that "poaching" or just good hearty capitalism.

It is great to know that if I move to Memphis MI or Armada I still live in Detroit
    Since Patterson is MUM on whether the Pistons move to Detroit or not... perhaps you should take a page from him....

One vote that Kid Rock is from [[metro) Detroit and another that he is good for the region's brand [[he promotes our link to musical popularity).

Kid Rock spend his time with his family up north [[ somewhere in Northern Michigan).

Whether he presents a good image for Detroit is debatable I guess. Still, if he is good for the image of Detroit, I don't see how it matters if his town is technically in the Detroit metro or not.

Still better than Made in Bangladesh - probably a heckuva lot cheaper to base it there

/did you hear you spelled cachet wrong?
    //you spelled cachet wrong

I don't have a problem with Kid Rock pushing/promoting Detroit, even though he's not really from Detroit proper. At least he tries to connect with all of the people from the area and it's troubles. It's better than that ........./know-it-all Ted Nugent and his extreme right wing rants. The former Motor City Madman is now a Texas blowhard.