Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Starting to think this last few years is the worst period I can remember for Detroit sports. I think the team that looks the most competitive some nights might be the Pistons and that’s not saying much, a lot of the time they look undisciplined to me. How is this group of underachievers supposed to win 40 games?

As far as the Wings go, both goalies are like a sieve. I don’t see anybody who can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis. Also, I’m wondering when the honeymoon period ends for Yzerman. I know he didn’t pick Zadina, but that guy looks like a bust to me.

Don’t want to talk about the Tigers or the Lions now, it’s all a little depressing. Starting to feel kind of hopeless, we deserve better - we’re good fans.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Starting to think this last few years is the worst period I can remember for Detroit sports. I think the team that looks the most competitive some nights might be the Pistons and that’s not saying much, a lot of the time they look undisciplined to me. How is this group of underachievers supposed to win 40 games?

As far as the Wings go, both goalies are like a sieve. I don’t see anybody who can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis. Also, I’m wondering when the honeymoon period ends for Yzerman. I know he didn’t pick Zadina, but that guy looks like a bust to me.

Don’t want to talk about the Tigers or the Lions now, it’s all a little depressing. Starting to feel kind of hopeless, we deserve better - we’re good fans.
    That's the problem when a new GM comes in. You've got to give him 3 years minimum before you even begin to talk about how he's doing. Even though fans may have been putting up with losing for years [[or decades in the Lions case) none of that is on the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    .....none of that is on the new guy.
    Maybe not, but saying 9 -7 and making the playoffs 2 out of 3 years isn't good enough, then giving the fans this kind of garbage, is on the new guy.

Imo, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncledave54 View Post
    Maybe not, but saying 9 -7 and making the playoffs 2 out of 3 years isn't good enough, then giving the fans this kind of garbage, is on the new guy.

Imo, of course.
    You're right. This time the Lions situation was a bit different because there was talent and he was supposed to take them to the next level. I was thinking more about the comment about the Yzerman honeymoon ending, when he's only been in charge for a few months.