Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

There's nothing "juicy" about anything of this.

The narcissistic rubber stampers are simply trying to avoid the appointment of an EM in the 11th hour. They're doing everything posible to appease the state of Michigan.

"Heaven forbid a dictator I've never heard of comes in and tells me what to do, or worse, cut my pay!!! When it's all said and done, I can take the thousands I've stashed in the stock markets and savings bonds these past 4 years, find a nice McMansion in Oakland County and submit my resume to one of the firms I handed a city contract off to."

Maybe that was the intention of kicking off the financial review in the first place. Maybe Snyder figuered if he began the appointment process for an EM that the city council would finally be persuaded to meeting their end of the consent agreement. Thus, when the review is over, maybe he'll rule that the City Council has made enough progress in the city's financial restruturing and he'll hold off on the EM appointment. Keep in mind, when Snyder pulls the EM trigger, Detroit's problems are effectively his responsibility.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-09-13 at 10:16 AM.