Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Yesterday Mitch Albom had a person on his radio show from DC thats works for some agency regarding fireworks and things like that. She said in about a year from now things should expand on what you can buy. The current laws are from 1966 in Michigan and that there is an attempt to gain revenue by changing the regulations.
    Another interesting thing she said is that in Ohio you can buy the good stuff, but you cant use it in the state. In fact it has to be out of the state within 72 hours of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Another interesting thing she said is that in Ohio you can buy the good stuff, but you cant use it in the state. In fact it has to be out of the state within 72 hours of purchase.
    Yeah, that's true. On purchase, you have to sign a waiver saying you won't shoot them off in the Buckeye state, and state where you WILL use them.

Last year, I bought some fireworks in Cincinnati right before the 4th. At the point of sale, I wrote down [[truthfully) "Cincinnati." The clerk says "sir, no no, that's in Ohio, you can't do that. I'll get another form, just write down Lawrenceburg, Indiana."

Obviously ... everyone is VERY worried about where these things are being used ... and they're NOT simply about the $$$.
    Last edited by MrNittany; July-02-10 at 09:14 PM.