Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Like their suburban counterparts, they've tried to Lease the Outlots to restaurants and such. But unlike their suburban counterparts, the Citizen District Council for that area gives potential developers pure hell.
    What are you talking about? Is Captain D's not open anymore? I went that HD at least once a week when I was doing my undergrad at U of D.

its been closed for a year. i guess we can't win em all.

This is good news...I go to that Home Depot regularly. The staff is always friendly and helpful. And the best thing about the place?: Outside, there is no "crunbled pavement" in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    What are you talking about? Is Captain D's not open anymore? I went that HD at least once a week when I was doing my undergrad at U of D.

Yeah, it's gone. But that wasn't because of the CDC. The guy that owned it, Paul Hubbard, is a little bit on the shady side. You may remember him from a couple of years ago. He was the guy that was supposed to open up 30 Papa John's back in 2007.

Outback Steakhouse and Perkins were supposed to build on the Outlots, but decided that it wasn't worth it when you have to have contracts with Hartford Memorial Baptist Church, the Seven Mile Partnership, the CDC and then, on top of all that, deal with the Meah's, Kilpatrick's, Riddle's and Conyers' type in City government.

Making money in this city isn't a problem. Being left the hell alone so you can make money is the problem.