Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The last time I was in Detroit I was riding around with a buddy of mine and we said let's go look at the ghetto. Well it didn't take long to find a ghetto. I was heading up Woodward almost to Grand Blvd. and I said the next street I see with a bunch of abandoned houses on it I'm turning on that street. So I turned on Philadelphia Street and I guarantee that at least 95% of the houses on Philadelphia east of Woodward were abandoned, the canopies over the porches collapsed on just about every house, boarded up houses, burned up houses.

Then we went over by the Packard plant after driving through Hamtramack, I hadn't been by the Packard plant in a number of years and was amazed that there were actually people parked around there, the next day I found out the Packard plant was going to be demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    The last time I was in Detroit I was riding around with a buddy of mine and we said let's go look at the ghetto. Well it didn't take long to find a ghetto. I was heading up Woodward almost to Grand Blvd. and I said the next street I see with a bunch of abandoned houses on it I'm turning on that street. So I turned on Philadelphia Street and I guarantee that at least 95% of the houses on Philadelphia east of Woodward were abandoned, the canopies over the porches collapsed on just about every house, boarded up houses, burned up houses.

Then we went over by the Packard plant after driving through Hamtramack, I hadn't been by the Packard plant in a number of years and was amazed that there were actually people parked around there, the next day I found out the Packard plant was going to be demolished.

How can what you described be a ghetto if the areas you drove through were absent of inhabitants?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    How can what you described be a ghetto if the areas you drove through were absent of inhabitants?
    There were people around just not many.