Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    because they Jesus on their side.
    Yeah, I'm going to trust that you are wise [[as the Holy Scriptures define wisdom as bearing the trait of one who accepts reproof gracefully) enough to consider what I say here before you use garishly prideful and presumptuous "us vs. them" kind of language like that again:

I can site at the very least seven bible passages where it clearly states that God shows no partiality [[especially not to Pharisaic mindsets-the ones who think they are "in" with God and lack the necessary humility to see past the double-standard we all can easily tread across). God will save who God saves, and it's not for us to presume we know God's ways. Just as St. John states in his second and third letters [[last of the second chapter in the first letter, if you follow?) that anyone who follows and does what is righteous and good is of God.

It would help to know who and what the Samaritans meant in Jesus's time. Yet, the Samaritan did more than any "holy" and "separated" person would [[even if they were coming back from doing their priestly duties in Jerusalem-hence the importance of coming from Jerusalem in that parable) for a wounded-almost seemingly dead man by the side of a road. A Samaritan woman was given the right to find out where Jesus was coming from by the well. And it was a Samaritan who bothered to turn around and give thanks for being healed of his leprosy while his other freshly healed company just moved on. Any one can be a Samaritan in the eyes of today's Christian. They could be a Catholic in the eyes of a ultra-sectarian Protestant, or they can be a Jew, a Muslim, or a gay in the eyes of a xenophobic fundamentalist "Christian".

It would also help to understand what rage Jesus caused preaching in the synagogue in the fourth chapter of Luke. He was suggesting [[by example of historic accounts in scripture) that outsiders of Sidonian and Syrian regions [[most likely not Jews) were better in genuine faith and righteousness than the Widows and Lepers of the more "faithful" in Israel at that time.

Now I'm not going to get into debates about Soteriology-or what makes one "saved' or redeemed in God's eyes [[for yes, I know faith is ultimate, but faith without works is dead, and while you have time and resources on this Earth you better use them for good works just as he who has been given much will be asked will be asked all the more, etc. etc.)-or about assurance based presumptions some may have. All, I ask is that you temper your language carefully if you claim to be a "Man of God".

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to trust that you are wise [[as the Holy Scriptures define wisdom as bearing the trait of one who accepts reproof gracefully) enough to consider what I say here before you use garishly prideful and presumptuous "us vs. them" kind of language like that again:

I can site at the very least seven bible passages where it clearly states that God shows no partiality [[especially not to Pharisaic mindsets-the ones who think they are "in" with God and lack the necessary humility to see past the double-standard we all can easily tread across). God will save who God saves, and it's not for us to presume we know God's ways. Just as St. John states in his second and third letters [[last of the second chapter in the first letter, if you follow?) that anyone who follows and does what is righteous and good is of God.

It would help to know who and what the Samaritans meant in Jesus's time. Yet, the Samaritan did more than any "holy" and "separated" person would [[even if they were coming back from doing their priestly duties in Jerusalem-hence the importance of coming from Jerusalem in that parable) for a wounded-almost seemingly dead man by the side of a road. A Samaritan woman was given the right to find out where Jesus was coming from by the well. And it was a Samaritan who bothered to turn around and give thanks for being healed of his leprosy while his other freshly healed company just moved on. Any one can be a Samaritan in the eyes of today's Christian. They could be a Catholic in the eyes of a ultra-sectarian Protestant, or they can be a Jew, a Muslim, or a gay in the eyes of a xenophobic fundamentalist "Christian".

It would also help to understand what rage Jesus caused preaching in the synagogue in the fourth chapter of Luke. He was suggesting [[by example of historic accounts in scripture) that outsiders of Sidonian and Syrian regions [[most likely not Jews) were better in genuine faith and righteousness than the Widows and Lepers of the more "faithful" in Israel at that time.

Now I'm not going to get into debates about Soteriology-or what makes one "saved' or redeemed in God's eyes [[for yes, I know faith is ultimate, but faith without works is dead, and while you have time and resources on this Earth you better use them for good works just as he who has been given much will be asked will be asked all the more, etc. etc.)-or about assurance based presumptions some may have. All, I ask is that you temper your language carefully if you claim to be a "Man of God".

I wrote Christians are winning battles because that have Jesus on their side. This is a second person sentence not first person.

Those Muslims want to build a mosque, they should do it in zoned commercial area.

By the way the Sterling Heights City Council made their on Sept. 10 instead of Sept 11. [[ sound's familiar!)

President Obama remembered 9/11 in his own way. "President Obama, under increasing pressure to demonstrate that the United States is joining European nations in the effort to resettle Syrian refugees, has told his administration to take in at least 10,000 displaced Syrians over the next year." -NY Times 9/10/15

At least there will be an increased demand for mosques to work into the Sterling Heights equation although Congress, not the executive branch, is delegated the power to establish a uniform naturalization policy. A few years ago, the President announced that the federal government did not have enough resources to enforce immigration laws to deport illegal aliens but suddenly there must be a lot of money available to to take, feed and house 10,000 Syrian refugees created in large part from Obama trying to overthrow Assad. I realize I'm getting off track but today is 9/11 and I remember.

A remembrance:
    Courage Under Fire

The 21st century's first war heroes.
    By PEGGY NOONAN