I know I should not be surprised by it, but it was amazing to see how fast the hate fueled idiocy started up on the freep when that story was posted. There were the religious bible thumpers who say the bible says that the gays are evil, the people who say that it is all psychological, and one person encouraging concealed weapons people to attend and exercise their right to bare arms and hinting at them shooting people in attendance. I really wish our society would get beyond such rhetoric and just be all inclusive but that is a fantasy I guess. Although I will say that I personally find gay pride to be a bit stupid, I mean you dont see straight pride festivals out there do you? I went with some friends a few years ago and while it is mostly a lot of people just hanging out and having fun, there are also some really oddball charecters who were wearing barely any clothing. I know everyone should have a right to express themselves, but when the way you express yourself becomes a target for hate in such a way that it labels the whole group maybe you should tone it down a notch. I am by no means saying that the glbt community should be in hiding but on the other hand I don't think you need to walk around in ass-less chaps or a thong either.