Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    My biggest problem with Obama [[other than his campaign of assassinating US Citizens without trial via drones) is that he reminds me of a child. He refuses to accept blame for anything, always pointing the finger at the other guy.
    spoken like someone who only listens to Fox news and associated media. He has taken the blame quite clearly on a number of things. I've heard him. Hell, he did it in the DEBATES. Conversely, only a fool would take the blame for things which neither he nor his people are to blame.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    spoken like someone who only listens to Fox news and associated media. He has taken the blame quite clearly on a number of things. I've heard him. Hell, he did it in the DEBATES. Conversely, only a fool would take the blame for things which neither he nor his people are to blame.
    I said I would never vote for Romney, and think the two-party system is destroying the country...but I listen to FOX News?

From what I understand FOX is the media wing of the Republican Party and MSNBC is the media wing of the Democratic party. If I watched FOX, wouldn't I probably be a Romney supporter? As far as the blame game goes, didn't Obama run on the promise to fix the mistakes of Bush, not build on them and compound the problems?

We really need to stop sanctioning this two-party system where we're stuck picking between two candidates that most people know are bought and paid for by lobbyists.

But back to the point of the thread, I think Obama is a murderous thug, does that make me racist?
    Last edited by JVB; November-01-12 at 09:48 PM.

We really need to stop sanctioning this two-party system where we're stuck picking between two candidates that most people know are bought and paid for by lobbyists.

But back to the point of the thread, I think Obama is a murderous thug, does that make me racist?
    No. I remember you saying you would never vote for Romney, merely making the point that your comments about Obama acting like a child sound like they come straight out of the right wing media, and were easily disproven.

Unfortunately, until someone miraculously finds a way to fund a bunch of other parties, we are stuck with always voting the lesser of two evils

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Unfortunately, until someone miraculously finds a way to fund a bunch of other parties, we are stuck with always voting the lesser of two evils
    No we're not! Every time I've ever voted for President there have been at least 5 or 6 other candidates on the ballot. Nobody forces us to vote for Democrats and Republicans - we do that to ourselves. Research the 3rd party candidates. If nothing else it will force the candidates to run on issues, rather than the same old Red Team Vs Blue Team nonsense.
    Last edited by JVB; November-01-12 at 11:15 PM.

I said I would never vote for Romney, and think the two-party system is destroying the country...but I listen to FOX News?

From what I understand FOX is the media wing of the Republican Party and MSNBC is the media wing of the Democratic party. If I watched FOX, wouldn't I probably be a Romney supporter? As far as the blame game goes, didn't Obama run on the promise to fix the mistakes of Bush, not build on them and compound the problems?

In many respects I agree with your post.I especally have problems with the lack of more than two parties having influence in DC. I would like to add however that blame game in many ways is against Congress not Bush. Obama just basically lays out... this is what Bush left me. There's some reasons he needs to take that approach. The major one is that the economy hadn't bottomed out when he took office and the political spin being what it is, folks can make it seem that it's your fault now.

Also I can't remember such coordinated obstructionism with Congress in a long time.

I also think your comment that he took the mistakes of Bush and built on them and compounded the problems is again a matter of perspective

The Drone issue is a policy I don't like but I understand why he's doing it, but those discussions are a matter for another thread.

My problem is that critics of Obama mostly Repubs have violated protocol during his state of the union speech and other speeches, major example, with the "you lie" comment. They have made numerous racist jokes and racist comments to a sitting president. These are comments that would never be tolerated being said to a white president. Even with protests by various groups during the Bush Administration I have never seen the office of the President so disrespected than during the first Obama term.

I get it if people aren't crazy about policy issues, any president gets hammered over it. However this other stuff and I would include the example you used with the school admissions paperwork,[[different take on the birther issue) along with the other things that have nothing to do with policy is an attempt to belittle the man, cheapen the office and sends out the message to the racist, that even though he's president, he's not legitimate because [[name your reason), therefore we can talk to him, and about him anyway we please.

I consider that to be racist, and when you do have something to criticize him on that is real, it tends to fall on deaf ears especially in the african-american community.
    Last edited by firstandten; November-01-12 at 11:30 PM.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    My problem is that critics of Obama mostly Repubs have violated protocol during his state of the union speech and other speeches with the "you lie" comment.
    That was one guy that said that, and I agree that was distasteful. But your memory must be short if you think Obama is ridiculed more than his predecessors. Bush was blasted for years, called stupid, a warmonger etc - all of which he deserved and I don't remember anybody claiming that the insults were racist even when they came from minorities. Most people understood them to be critical of the man, not his race.

Look at the witch hunt to get Clinton. In fact, here's a mental exercise to show you what I mean. Clinton was impeached [[albeit not removed from office), for lying about having sex with an intern. The Republicans made it their life's work to go after him for what should have only amounted to an issue between him and Hillary. Now imagine if the same thing happened to Obama - how many people would assume it was due to racism? Even though we know it's not racism since it actually happened to a white President...see what i mean?

People tend to see everything through their own racial prism. Nobody thought to call Republicans racist for going after Clinton, only because Clinton is white, but they are all of a sudden racist for going after Obama just because Obama happens to be half black?

They have made numerous racist jokes and racist comments to a sitting president. These are comments that would never be tolerated being said to a white president.
    Who is They?

an attempt to belittle the man, cheapen the office and sends out the message to the racist, that even though he's president, he's not legitimate because [[name your reason), therefore we can talk to him, and about him anyway we please.
    That has been the case with at least the last 3 Presidents, 2 of which were white. This is nothing new under Obama, maybe some people just notice it more or take it more personal because they identify with Obama, whereas they didn't identify with Bush and Clinton the same way? Just a thought..

...when you do have something to criticize him on that is real it falls on deaf ears especially in the african-american community.
    That's a problem.

Great point... the repubs that engaged in protocol violations and other extreme actions invalidated their claims [[individually and the largess of the repub and conservative side) of concern or criticism [[past, present and future for many) even when such is reasonable or compelling.

My problem is that critics of Obama mostly Repubs have violated protocol during his state of the union speech and other speeches, major example, with the "you lie" comment. They have made numerous racist jokes and racist comments to a sitting president. These are comments that would never be tolerated being said to a white president.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-02-12 at 05:33 AM.