Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: You buy, we fry

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Common sense does. Humans are the the only animals in nature that eat for reasons other than hunger.

But by all means, everyone should feel free to clog their arteries, and continue to gain weight. After all, it's not like there is an obesity problem in the country or anything.
    Humans are the only animals in nature that solve algebra problems. Should we stop doing that too?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Humans are the only animals in nature that solve algebra problems. Should we stop doing that too?
    If it was determined to be detrimental to our health [[like eating deep fried food is), yes.

If it was determined to be detrimental to our health [[like eating deep fried food is), yes.
    One piece of fried fish will not kill most people or make them sick. Overindulgence in fried food is what might be detrimental to your health. But even considering that, our species has a far longer life span now with our using meals as a form of entertainment than we did when it was just for nourishment.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    One piece of fried fish will not kill most people or make them sick. Overindulgence in fried food is what might be detrimental to your health. But even considering that, our species has a far longer life span now with our using meals as a form of entertainment than we did when it was just for nourishment.
    A fine example of post hoc ergo propter hoc.
    Because we eat meals as a form of entertainment has literally nothing to do with our longer life spans
    Last edited by leapfrog; September-18-12 at 07:17 PM.

If you're gonna eat fried foods it should be infrequent and as treat [[entertainment I suppose). That's what I do. I never fry food at home. Once in a while I do the Fish House up on Woodward by Highland Park. They fry well.

Eating fried food often...? No, not a good idea. Fast food even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    If you're gonna eat fried foods it should be infrequent and as treat [[entertainment I suppose). That's what I do. I never fry food at home. Once in a while I do the Fish House up on Woodward by Highland Park. They fry well.

Eating fried food often...? No, not a good idea. Fast food even worse.
    That's the place I was talking about. It has a fake palm tree in front of the building. Right across the street from a Sav-a-Lot supermarket.

Yeah, the do fried fish right. Good chicken wings too. I just call my orders in - then go pick up my guilty pleasure. Not daily fare, but good quality food once in a while. They have a sister store up on Eight Mile near Meyers.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    That's the place I was talking about. It has a fake palm tree in front of the building. Right across the street from a Sav-a-Lot supermarket.