Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Arent there restrictions on how the money is used?

Quote Originally Posted by dtw View Post
    Arent there restrictions on how the money is used?
    cannot be used to pay down pensions or reduce taxes,a few other things.

Can be used to offset the cities Covid related expenses,infrastructure,WiFi expansion,non profits and charitable aspects,replenish the rainy day fund etc.

Imagine standing on a crowded street and throwing hundred dollar bills up in the air.

That is what is going to happen,every single institution can say they were effected by the virus.

I would hate to be the one cutting the checks,it’s going to be a nightmare dispersing that without drama.

I agree with the not implementing new programs that will increase the residents future tax obligations.

If they could leverage it and reduce the higher interest bond rates,bad for me,but then use that savings to sell infrastructure bonds without increasing the current taxes.

The capital improvements to bring in new residents is a good one long term,I think you have a mayor with a good head on his shoulders that will not repeat the massive missed opportunities of the past,if he can keep the ones that want it now with no long term goals at bay.

This is from the 2009 stimulus,did you feel it in Detroit?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20090215/FREE/302159963/michigan-to-get-18b-from-stimulus-bill
    Last edited by Richard; March-14-21 at 10:37 PM.