Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

That may be the case in the suburbs, but the inner city is undeserved in terms of health care. This article from the WSJ I think is really compelling, http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...93747851830485
    It's kind of hard to imagine, but from DMC/Henry Ford to Beaumont-Grosse Pointe there is no hospital or emergency department in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    That may be the case in the suburbs, but the inner city is undeserved in terms of health care. This article from the WSJ I think is really compelling, http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...93747851830485
    It's kind of hard to imagine, but from DMC/Henry Ford to Beaumont-Grosse Pointe there is no hospital or emergency department in the city.
    The new combined entity should take over the Herman Keifer site and its empty DPS properties nearby, and do a complete overhaul. Also, where is that abandoned Aurora hospital? Also, abandoned industrial sites could be cleaned up and converted into hospital campuses.

I don't see the Herman Keifer site getting taken over but I would love if the former Mercy Hospital or Northwest Hospital or Southwest Hospital would reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't see the Herman Keifer site getting taken over but I would love if the former Mercy Hospital or Northwest Hospital or Southwest Hospital would reopen.
    The Samaritan Center occupies Mercy Hospital [[on Warren and Conner).

As far as any of the other hospitals opening, fat chance. The 3 hospitals that merged are suburban to the core.

I know, It's wishful thinking on my part. I just wish people in certain parts of the city had more healthcare options.

Whoop dee doo!!! for those private pay hospitals. Even the one where I was born. It's all about the profits. When hospitals become a corporate entity. Their profits of good as liquid.