Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    Oh...the shooter was white. Now I see why it's a topic.

Somehow that young mans life would have meant less had he been shot by a black man. Interesting.
    Oh you poor oppressed white person.

Your agenda is pretty clear now. I'll give you the oladub treatment. No reason to read your racist posts.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Oh you poor oppressed white person.

Your agenda is pretty clear now. I'll give you the oladub treatment. No reason to read your racist posts.
    This must be at least the second time you have called someone a "racist". How do you define "racist"? It seems sort of like bringing "Hitler" into a discussion in a feeble attempt to substitute name calling for intelligent discussion. The concept of "racist" is losing its power due to its overuse. For instance[[s), the calling of anyone who doesn't support Obama a "racist' or your post. Consider the damage you are doing by calling "wolf" too often. Did you otherwise have anything to add to this thread? My contribution is post #6. Do you have anything better to offer relevant to this thread? Something factual or intellectually persuasive will suffice.

Perhaps you could offer some insight as to why, given that blacks murder twice as many whites in Florida and blacks are almost ten times more likely to be murdered by other blacks, those facts are not given more attention. Here, taking your side, I'll try to get you started. Little white girls who disappear are probably given more press attention then little black girls who go missing proving the press doesn't just focus on white on black murders. Take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    This must be at least the second time you have called someone a "racist". How do you define "racist"? It seems sort of like bringing "Hitler" into a discussion in a feeble attempt to substitute name calling for intelligent discussion. The concept of "racist" is losing its power due to its overuse. For instance[[s), the calling of anyone who doesn't support Obama a "racist' or your post. Consider the damage you are doing by calling "wolf" too often. Did you otherwise have anything to add to this thread? My contribution is post #6. Do you have anything better to offer relevant to this thread? Something factual or intellectually persuasive will suffice.

Perhaps you could offer some insight as to why, given that blacks murder twice as many whites in Florida and blacks are almost ten times more likely to be murdered by other blacks, those facts are not given more attention. Here, taking your side, I'll try to get you started. Little white girls who disappear are probably given more press attention then little black girls who go missing proving the press doesn't just focus on white on black murders. Take it from there.
    When people can't have a simple conversation, they think they win if they call the other a racist. Most of the time when this word is used presently, it's meaningless.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    No reason to read your racist posts.
    I should not be able to laugh at being called a racist, but I just did. Unfortunately, people like you damage the fight against real racism by using the word to describe anybody that disagrees with your point of view.

Black guy gets shot by white guy in Florida and white guy is jailed and charged with murder - thread started. Hundreds of black guys killed every year right here in Detroit - no thread started. I bring attention to the apparent lack of concern over our fellow Detroiters being murdered right here in our communities and I get called a racist?

It's sad really, because that word used to mean something. It was like a Scarlet letter, an effective means of calling out unacceptable behavior by members of the community. Now because of people like you it is an empty, meaningless word and that's too bad.

Unfortunately, people like you damage the fight against real racism by using the word to describe anybody that disagrees with your point of view.
    Real racism? Hmmm. Can you give me a few examples of real racism?

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Real racism? Hmmm. Can you give me a few examples of real racism?
    Sure, how about the guy in Florida that just shot a black kid because his music was too loud? Probably a good chance that he's a racist.

Also, you can view the map by the SPLC to see who they consider to be racist hate groups. Some of the groups they list include American Nazi Party, Jewish Defense League, Nation of Islam and a even a few branches of the KKK. If you read any of the mission statements of those organizations it's pretty clear that they are racist.
    Last edited by JVB; December-05-12 at 10:30 AM.

Black guy gets shot by white guy in Florida and white guy is jailed and charged with murder - thread started. Hundreds of black guys killed every year right here in Detroit - no thread started. I bring attention to the apparent lack of concern over our fellow Detroiters being murdered right here in our communities and I get called a racist?

It's sad really, because that word used to mean something. It was like a Scarlet letter, an effective means of calling out unacceptable behavior by members of the community. Now because of people like you it is an empty, meaningless word and that's too bad.
    How many threads have you started on the subject? If it's so important to you that you shit up my thread over, surely you've posted about black on black crime.

And I'm pretty sure actually being the recipient is was and will continue to be much worse than being called racist.

Scarlet letter?

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    How many threads have you started on the subject? If it's so important to you that you shit up my thread over, surely you've posted about black on black crime.
    I think his purpose here is to call the subject of this thread bull shit. Which it is. The guy is in jail. He was racist. It happens. Just like taxes and dog poop. Welcome to America.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I think his purpose here is to call the subject of this thread bull shit. Which it is. The guy is in jail. He was racist. It happens. Just like taxes and dog poop. Welcome to America.
    And how exactly is it bullshit?

You and he just admitted the kid is most likely dead because of the race of the victim and prejudice of the shooter.

I'd rather the guy not be in jail, and the teenager still be alive.

But that's just me.