Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Let me be clear.

We turned and looked directly at them, but with NO malice nor judgement. I only wanted them to know we were aware of their actions...IF they had any intent. I never even STOPPED walking for the first couple of guys.

I 'confronted' nobody. Not a one of these fellows ever got nearer than ten feet from us, that last fellow was the closest. We had a pause in our trajectories of life, simple as that. But I DID see his expression, and knew exactly when he decided to move on. I saw it in his face, demeanor, and even his POSTURE.

I harbor no hatred in my heart towards these boys/men. I recognize that there is usually some deeper issues they have, and most crime is borne of desperation. I also do NOT hold any judgement against them, since not a one of them committed any crime against me or my partner.

It DID truly torque her emotions, though. She was quite disturbed by it all, since after six her beloved downtown...where she works at least five days a week, for more than the last seven years...turns decidedly cold and ugly and dangerous.

She is NO stranger to interacting with the people who populate our streets during the day, and is as open and friendly to the homeless she encounters as me...if not moreso. She IS aware of the flow of the folks downtown, and the risks of letting her guard down.

And Izzy?! Can it. There was no smoking tonight. Two beers, only, too. Sorry your asinine assumption couldn't be correct. Please try again, and dig for something actually witty this time.

Cheers

Yep, I felt that was what you mean as I've been there done that. Your response helped to change the outcome. Walking on 'pretending' it was not happening would have been a clear entry point. I am glad you and your friend are ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Let me be clear.

We turned and looked directly at them, but with NO malice nor judgement. I only wanted them to know we were aware of their actions...IF they had any intent. I never even STOPPED walking for the first couple of guys.

I 'confronted' nobody. Not a one of these fellows ever got nearer than ten feet from us, that last fellow was the closest. We had a pause in our trajectories of life, simple as that. But I DID see his expression, and knew exactly when he decided to move on. I saw it in his face, demeanor, and even his POSTURE.