Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

more than anything i was struck by how unprofessional the DPS teachers or perhaps ex DPS teachers were on the news. After seeing that pretty much the only thing that I was thinking was: that person should never be employed as a teacher anywhere ever again. I understand they are upset but I would expect them to have a little more class whilst under the spotlight. Beyond that I have nothing but respect for the profession. My mom, 2 aunts, 2 sisters, and uncle teach. I know first hand that a lot of nights they work 2 or 3 hours when they get home.
    Last edited by rex; September-03-12 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    more than anything i was struck by how unprofessional the DPS teachers or perhaps ex DPS teachers were on the news. After seeing that pretty much the only thing that I was thinking was: that person should never be employed as a teacher anywhere ever again. I understand they are upset but I would expect them to have a little more class whilst under the spotlight. Beyond that I have nothing but respect for the profession. My mom, 2 aunts, 2 sisters, and uncle teach. I know first hand that a lot of nights they work 2 or 3 hours when they get home.
    Its a mistake to think that the media selects people on any basis other than ease and ignorance.

I would expect that most competent teachers would avoid the media like black plague.

I totally agree and was embarassed by their actions. I NEVER allow myself to be filmed. I don't go picket, don't go to any events where the media might be [[unless it's something positive...like the Excellence Awards Banquet), and run the other way when I see media trucks at the school. They are not a fair representation of the decent teachers who really care about the kids. MOST of those on the news are the people who can not even interview because of negative evaluations. They don't belong in the classroom anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post