Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    No that’s not true, as the previous poster said, gold and silver bullion coins are not subject to sales tax, they used to be, but that was changed about 15 years ago. I’m not sure about “rare” coins, but I sure never paid tax buying them on line or at local shows in the past.

If I knew I was going to be charged tax on this particular purchase I wouldn’t have bid on it to begin with.
    I just looked at the SoM website. I see no exemption listed for any kind of coin. Precious metals as raw materials​ are exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I just looked at the SoM website. I see no exemption listed for any kind of coin. Precious metals as raw materials​ are exempt.
    if you buy a Gold or Silver American eagle coin, they are coins with a dollar value on them and they’re tax exempt. If you buy Canadian or other country gold or silver coins there’s no tax on them either.