Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Everybody is so spoiled. Buses didn't even have AC in the 60s and before. People packed onto them anyway and got where they were going.
    I've been on buses without AC before, but they ran more frequently then and had less chance of being packed with people during a heatwave. The windows and the air vent in the roof were opened. It was miserable, but survivable. In any event, the people did not make the decision to hold the buses, the City did.

Back to Bing's org structure. So everyone reports to Lewis now? Does this mean Lewis' is the only voice he will hear? If everyone is reporting to Lewis and he is responsible for everything, then why do we need a mayor?

I'm afraid Bing still fails to get how to properly structure an org chart for an organization as large as the City. He needs a cabinet: COO, CFO, CIO, Chief of Staff, Public Safety "Czar". Divide the departments under those cabinet members in a way that makes sense. Right now he has agencies that report to the COO, who reports to the Chief of Staff, who reports to Bing. Too many layers of bureaucracy, from a businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post

Back to Bing's org structure. So everyone reports to Lewis now? Does this mean Lewis' is the only voice he will hear? If everyone is reporting to Lewis and he is responsible for everything, then why do we need a mayor?

I'm afraid Bing still fails to get how to properly structure an org chart for an organization as large as the City. He needs a cabinet: COO, CFO, CIO, Chief of Staff, Public Safety "Czar". Divide the departments under those cabinet members in a way that makes sense. Right now he has agencies that report to the COO, who reports to the Chief of Staff, who reports to Bing. Too many layers of bureaucracy, from a businessman.
    I'm with you. It looks like Lewis is the gatekeeper who will filter the message to the mayor. The appointees better make sure Lewis likes them or they are toast.

What's funny about this is that this org struture only formalizes what Bing was already doing with Dumas.

A true leader in my opinion must be able to listen to dissenting voices in his administration. A dissenting voice is not necessarly a sign of disloyally.

However listening to all sides of a problem is not our mayor's management style. This is what he knows, for he ran his companies the same way.