Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
Like I said, not a fair assessment. Read my next post for the answer to your question. I could easily ride a bike or take a scooter, to anyplace in Southfield that has something to offer. And no, I don't live there. One doesn't really need to take public transportation or walk everywhere, either.

Some neighborhoods are pedestrian friendly in Detroit. Others, not so much. And that also depends on the people you encounter in your walk, doesn't it? Frankly, there are neighborhoods that I wouldn't be walking around in, or would have any business being in. Just saying. In Southfield, I'd have a better chance of getting to my destination, don't you think?
We are talking about two different things. I am speaking of the structure of the physical community, which is concrete. As I understand it, you are alluding to crime rates and current inhabitants, which is fluid. For instance, the neighborhood where I'm sitting right now in Brooklyn, Park Slope, was by most measures a ghetto just 15-20 years ago. Now, the household income levels of this neighborhood probably rival even the most affluent communities in Oakland County. But the physical layout of this neighborhood is virtually unchanged today from what it was 20 years ago, or 50 years ago, or probably even 100 years ago.