Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Right now, as everyone has said, we're just tearing out the parking garage. We also are rigging up some temporary lights to put on the fence along Woodward. I'm an electrician and doing mostly disconnecting existing electrical and doing temp work. I'm bouncing back and forth between the Hudson's site and Little Caesar's World HQ. That job, which was suppose to have 4 floors turned over by April, is way behind. The lighting in that building is the most complicated [[and expensive) I've ever seen. It's turnover date has now been pushed back to November. Right now we're building out the beer garden on the 4th floor and the bar, that you can see from Woodard, on the second floor.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor65 View Post
    Right now, as everyone has said, we're just tearing out the parking garage. We also are rigging up some temporary lights to put on the fence along Woodward. I'm an electrician and doing mostly disconnecting existing electrical and doing temp work. I'm bouncing back and forth between the Hudson's site and Little Caesar's World HQ. That job, which was suppose to have 4 floors turned over by April, is way behind. The lighting in that building is the most complicated [[and expensive) I've ever seen. It's turnover date has now been pushed back to November. Right now we're building out the beer garden on the 4th floor and the bar, that you can see from Woodard, on the second floor.
    Good info. Always good to have information from those who understand specific building projects.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor65 View Post
    Thanks for the diddy about the LC HQ. It seems they're taking forever in putting in the pizza windows.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Thanks for the diddy about the LC HQ. It seems they're taking forever in putting in the pizza windows.
    It's the weather. The glass guys are being super cautious because there is no other glass like that in the world. They told us they weren't setting pizza glass with winds over 10mph. I'm going to take a close up of it. It's just crazy seeing it up close. It's huge! The bigger problem right now is the 9th floor, the executive floor. The way the air handling units were designed they just so happen to be above Chris I's new office. They are so powerful they hum and vibrate and shake the whole 9th floor. Lol lol �� Chris is Not going to like that. They don't know what to do at this point. It's going to be an expensive change whatever they do.